Crisp, cool, tart and sweet, refreshing apple cider screams, Fall! This recipe is healthy not only because it is made with fresh fruit and without sugar, but also because it is raw. Yes, it is a cold cider, but it packs a spicy punch, worthy to accompany any holiday party or sumptuous meal.
So one of my juicy kitchen essential is my juicer! From that website I picked up some quality info about nutrition, which I linked to some of the ingredients listed below.
You’ll need :
- 3 Green Apples
- 1 Bosc Pear
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 Stick of Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- A 1 Inch Piece of Ginger
- A Handful of Cranberries, plus a few to freeze and use as ice cubes in the drinks
And Here We Go:
- Soak the cloves and cinnamon in 1/2 cup of water for as little as 30 mins ( longer is better for the juicer)
- Slice up Pear, Apples and Orange
- Juice all the ingredients alternating fruits.
- Tip: after a soft fruit like orange, juice an apple. Hard fruits help the juicer to keep on going. I followed the spices with the hard apples