Hey Y’all! This isn’t much of a recipe because it is not only easy to make, but entirely dependent upon your personal tastes and preferences. Anyhow I wanted to bring attention to the most amazing juicer function yet, making fresh nut milks! Its soo easy and I can make as much or as little as I want. I have been using almond milk recently because it is lower in calorie and really creamy. For those reasons its perfect for hot chocolate.
In my cup:
- One Cup of Almond Milk
- Some Semi Sweet Chocolate- until its as chocolaty as you like
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Spicy Red Chili
- Honey- if you like it sweet ( I dont)
- I garnished with my mother’s homemade marshmallows, twist of orange, and a spooky spider
The secret to making almond milk is soaking the nuts for as little as 5 hours. Once you drain them from the liquid and put them in your juicer, slowly pour fresh water through the machine to help the juicer out and thin out the thick milk!
Here is what I did:
- In a pot bring milk up to a simmer on low heat.
- Add any spices you want and chocolate. I used pieces of semi- sweet chocolate. You can use a high quality bar or unsweetened powder if you like, adding honey or sugar to your tastes.
- Whisk until smooth and chocolaty
- Garnish with an orange twist, marshmallow or whipped cream